CIOR IN BETWEEN MEETING (IBM) TALLINN, ESTONIA (14-17 NOV 18)
- The international Confédération Interalliée des Officiers de Réserve (CIOR) will hold In Between Meeting One (IBM1) in Tallinn, Estonia, during the period 14 – 17 November 2018. There will be Working Sessions held 15, 16 and 17 Nov and an opportunity to attend celebrations of the 100th anniversary of Estonian Defence Forces (EDF). A formal Calling Notice and supporting documentation (regarding registration, costs and to request accommodation) will be issued shortly. A firm Agenda will be issued by 31 Oct 18.
- Intent. To hold IBM1 in Tallinn, Estonia. The IBM Agenda will be issued in due course. Please note that one item of the Agenda, the MOU with NRFC, will require this to be a Special Meeting in accordance with CIOR Constitution Section 7.8.1. The President will write to VPs/ National associations to seek their views on the need to call a Special Meeting to discuss and agree the new MOU with NRFC, which it is intended will be signed on the first day of the MWM. A copy of the draft MOU will be circulated prior to IBM1 with sufficient time to allow comment and Non-attendees to IBM1 will be asked to respond electronically or by joining the meeting by phone.
The meetings will seek to realize outcomes in accord with Presidential Aims, Strategic Objectives and CIOR Business and Planning; to include:
- Presidential Welcome
- Opening Address by Major General Herem – Chief of Estonian Defence Forces Designate (tbc)
- Presentation on Estonian Defence Forces by Col Palm – Head of General Staff Designate (tbc)
- IBM1 programme outlines
- CIOR Strategic Planning
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with NRFC
- Future management of CIOR business
- Finance and the Financial Report
- CIOR Website
- CIOR Communications Strategy
- Planning for the MWM, IBM 2 and Summer Congress in 2019
- Produce Post IBM1 minutes and Annual Report